Tuesday, June 30, 2020

UK: Jewish man 'scared to leave the house' after antisemitic attack


Via LancsLive:
A Jewish man was left unable to see out of one eye after three man battered him in an unprovoked attack.

Ashley Walne, from Burnley, was standing outside his home on March 16 when he was set upon by three assailants.

The 29-year-old shares the home with his mother Dawn, 51, who tried to stop the three attackers as they relentlessly beat her son.

The attackers called him a "filthy Jew" before assaulting him and leaving him with numerous injuries to the face and eye.

"The attack has affected me mentally a lot," Ashley told LancsLive.

"I keep reliving the incident over and over again, my GP thinks I may have a form of post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

"I'm scared to go out of the house, I just keep thinking that someone else could come and attack me."

Ashley, who works as a funeral director, says that he is well known about the town for being proud of his Jewish heritage.

He was born in Burnley and has always been interested in his Jewish roots.

He said: "I'm quite well known about the town because I wear my Kippah (a traditional Jewish cap) all the time.

"I get a lot of verbal abuse on a daily basis but this was the first time I was physically attacked."
read more

No comments :

Post a Comment