Monday, November 11, 2013

Ukraine: Rabbi begs Israel for help against Antisemitism

Following the desecration of a synagogue under construction, Rabbi Binyomin Wolff, the Chabbad emissary in Sevastopol, in the Ukraine, told NRG news:

"This is a group of anti-semites who think there's no place for Jews in the Ukraine.  They do everything so our synagogue, which is in the last stages of construction, won't open.  They do everything, including holding their own 'prayers' outside our synagogue, which they think will bother us, but we won't give up."

"I don't feel safe here. I've been attacked more than once.  A few months ago I got a concussion from a beating I got to my head from the members of this group, and they constantly curse me on the streets.  I don't feel safe here, everyday we're in danger here.  If a priest can walk the streets of Israel without anybody beating and cursing him, why can't I do that in the Ukraine?"

"I don't understand why the Israeli government isn't protecting us.  Why don't they make the effort to ensure that we can live as Jews in various countries in peace and quiet?  I beg you, please, help us fight the increasing antisemitism in the Ukraine.  Help us live good, peaceful Jewish lives."

He says he's given up on other attempts to fight the phenomenon.

No comments :

Post a Comment