Wednesday, November 5, 2014

UK: Man thrown out of pensioners meeting for claiming comment was antisemitic


A man thrown out of a pensioners meeting for claiming a comment was antisemitic insists he is still awaiting an apology.

Harry Spillman, 67, who is Jewish, was taking part in the Blackpool Senior Voice Forum, when he claims the chairman, Geoff Newman, made a comments he found offensive at their July meeting.

He said: "We were having a discussion about money and our treasurer was talking through how we could spend it. Mr Newman turned to him and asked 'were you born Jewish?'."

"I raised it at our August meeting and asked Mr Newman to apologise but I was told I should drop it.

"I refused and the group turned on me. Mr Newman told me 'to pack my bags and go'. He refused to meet in the same room as me and called security to have me evicted."

More: Jewish Chronicle

No comments :

Post a Comment