Sunday, August 7, 2016

UK: Christopher Biggins kicked off Celebrity Big Brother after making Holocaust joke



Via Telegraph:
Christopher Biggins has made a tearful apology after being removed from Channel 5’s Celebrity Big Brother house for making a "joke" about the Holocaust.

Channel 5 ruled the 67-year-old actor made remarks "capable of causing widespread offence" following a conversation on the show with former X Factor star Katie Waissel.

Biggins, who had made earlier controversial comments about Aids and bisexuals, told the 30-year-old, who is Jewish: "You better be careful or they'll be putting you in a shower and taking you to a room."

Yesterday, he told The Sun he begged Waissel for forgiveness.

He said: "I found Katie and said 'I am mortified. I would never do anything to upset you. I love you and I'm really sorry'.

"I am mortified by what's happened, really mortified. Most of my friends, in fact, are Jewish. I apologised to Big Brother and Katie."

He added: "I love Jewish people. Listen, my best friend is Lesley Joseph. You can't get much more Jewish than that.

read more

No comments :

Post a Comment