Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Belgium: "We currently don't sell to Jews"


A Jewish woman from Antwerp says that she was told in one shop "we currently don't sell to Jews, out of protest".

The owner of the shop denies the story.  "On the contrary, we have many Jewish customers and also buy our products from a Jew. Why wouldn't we sell to Jews, we'll hurt ourselves by doing so."

Good question.




Jewish paper Joods Actueel sent a reporter to the shop and asked a salesperson there about the story.

Q: My friend came here to buy something, but she wasn't allowed to buy today
A: Yes
Q: What's the story?
A: Protesting, I think.  My boss was here... and he was protesting.
Q: And I can buy?
A: Yes
Q: And where's your boss, is he here?
A: Not at the moment
Q: So he doesn't sell to Jews?
A: He says so, yes
Q: Can I call or speak to him?
A: No
Q: You were here too?
A: No, I wasn't here, but I was told that

No comments :

Post a Comment