Thursday, January 8, 2015

"Evil is Back" - a movie about antisemitism in Europe



Maurice Chayut:
Ten years ago I moved from New York city to Holland.  What surprised me the most in Europe was finding a new kind of antisemitism.  I always knew the old one was still there. But this new kind of antisemitism came mainly from the children of the Muslim guest-workers in Europe.  It surprised me because I was born in Morocco and raised in Morocco where as a Jewish person I never experienced any act of antisemitism.

So when I heard the children of the guest-workers who were born and raised in Europe expressing hate towards the Jewish people - not Israel, toward the Jewish people - it surprised me.  I never felt it in Morocco.




Maurice Chayut is crowdfunding is movie on European antisemitism "Evil is Back" via Kickstarter.

No comments :

Post a Comment