Via Palestinian Media Watch:
Chains of readers have become a popular way in the PA to commemorate murderer Baha Alyan who together with another terrorist killed 3 Israeli civilians on a bus in Jerusalem in November last year.
Alyan himself organized a chain of readers in Jerusalem in 2014, and it is this initiative that is being repeated now to honor him as a killer.
One such chain of readers in which "female activists and mothers" participated, was organized in Hebron by the Palestinian NGO Rural Women's Development Society. [Official PA daily Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, March 22, 2016]
The NGO states on its website that it "recently received funds from" three UN bodies, two European governments, and two European NGOs, which are all thereby, by proxy, honoring the terrorist who killed 3:
- UNDP (The UN Development Program)
- UNFPA (The UN Population Fund)
- FAO (The Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN)
- The Spanish government via the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID)
- The Dutch government by way of The Netherlands' Representative Office in Ramallah
- The Spanish NGO Conemund and the Danish NGO Kvinfo.
[Website of RWDS, accessed April 3, 2016]
The other Palestinian NGO organizing the event in honor of murderer Alyan, the Union of Palestinian Women Committees, is supported by a British organization named The Welfare Association, which is funded by the British government's DFID (Department for International Development), among others. [Website of UPWC, accessed April 3, 2016]