Tuesday, May 10, 2016

UK: British museum Jewish history denial


Brian of London @ Israelly Cool:

Last week I was in London to speak on a panel: “Two State Solution: dead or alive?”. A video will be coming out soon and I’ll post about it. On the day of the debate I strolled into the British Museum to have a look at the vast array of historical treasures the British half inched largely in the course of running two thirds of the world for a while.  [...]I searched out one hall of interest: “Ancient Levant”. The hall begins with the following information.
Ancient Levant 7500BC – 332BC
The ancient Levant comprises modern Palestine, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon and western Syria. The region was home to two great indigenous peoples – the Canaanites and the Amorites.
Life for the people in the Levant was defined by their dealings with their neighbours – firstly through trade and commerce, then through domination by the Egyptian, Hittite, Assyrian, Babylonian and Persian empires.
I started my panel talk by asking “The Levant was home to two great indigenous peoples – the Canaanites and who else?”. If anyone said Amorites, I didn’t hear them. Well I guess I should be grateful they don’t list “Palestinians” as a great indigenous people shouldn’t I?

While the first sentence, listing “modern Palestine” – whatever that is – before the state of Israel is bad enough, the second sentence, which wipes out Jewish connection to the land of Israel, is absolutely astonishing.

Here is the British Museum, a few miles from the largest population of Jews in the UK and none of them have managed to get this changed. Has there ever been any official opposition? In my opinion having this sign, in London and presented as viable history, is far, far worse than a Bradford MP tweeting out a map that moves Israel to the USA. She’s trying to change our future, the British Museum has wiped out our history!
Consider for a moment what the “great indigenous” civilisations of the Canaanites and the Amorites have given to our western culture. A moment is all you’ll need, most of you can’t think of anything.

read more

No comments :

Post a Comment