Wednesday, May 18, 2016

UK: Tyson Fury issues non-apology to anybody who took offence at his antisemitic statements


Tyson Fury apologizes if 'some people' were hurt by the fact that he thinks Jews are responsible for all evil on the planet.  He'll try to keep his thoughts to himself next time.

Nowhere in this apology does he say that he rejects the statements he made.  It's really a shame the media even bother calling this an 'apology'.

Via Independent:
In a statement on Tuesday, Fury denied being “a racist or a bigot” and asked for the public to accept his apology.

“I apologise to anyone who may have taken offence at any of my comments,“ he said. ”I said some things which may have hurt some people, which as a Christian man is not something I would ever want to do.

“Though it is not an excuse, sometimes the heightened media scrutiny has caused me to act out in public. I mean no harm or disrespect to anyone and I know more is expected of me as an ambassador of British boxing, and I promise in future to hold myself up to the highest possible standard.

“Anyone who knows me personally knows that I am in no way a racist or bigot and I hope the public accept this apology.”
read more

No comments :

Post a Comment