Tuesday, May 26, 2015

UK: Channel 4 journalist is obsessed with the Israel-Palestine conflict

The great and the good in Europe were always obsessed by the Jews, now they are obsessed with the Jews and Israel.  Nothing has changed. He is obviously not obsessed by the plight of the Roma people in Europe.

The Jewish Chronicle reports:
Channel 4 journalist Jon Snow has said he is obsessed with the Israel-Palestine conflict because “I see people like me doing horrible things to other people”.

Speaking at a panel discussion following a performance of Palestinian play The Siege, Mr Snow, who chaired the debate, labelled the conflict a “primeval war”. He said: “I shouldn’t say anything as the chair but I will. I think one of the reasons there is an obsession is because people like us are engaged in this. By that I mean, I’m almost making a racial observation, not about Judaism, but about Europeans and Americans, white people in fact, and the conflict feels horribly like our own conflicts from our own colonial pasts. We think we must be able to resolve this. We managed to get through, they must be able to get through, and we can sort it out.

Oddly enough I don’t think it is the fact that they are Jews, it’s the fact that they are like us. When you see an Israeli squaddie you feel a certain sense of sympathy – a sense of ‘there but for the grace of god go I’.

“I may be naïve but I don’t think it’s the fact that it’s Jews, I think it’s the fact that they are people like us, developed Europeans, engaged in a primeval war and therefore we want to do something about it because we’re convinced, as we’ve come through primeval war, that somehow we can bring them through too and then they’ll see it the way we see our own past.

I’ve often wondered why I am so obsessed with it – and I’m so obsessed with it because I think I see people like me doing horrible things to other people.”

Mr Snow was responding to an observation by JC features writer Josh Glancy, who was one of the panellists, that many in the Jewish community feel there is too much of a focus on Israel in the media, which is not always legitimate. More.

No comments :

Post a Comment