Sunday, November 22, 2015

UK: London mayor hopeful Sadiq Khan has met 'countless people' who think 9/11 was a Mossad plot


The Jewish Chronicle reports:
Labour’s London mayor candidate Sadiq Khan has described his experience of meeting extremists who claim the September 11 terror attacks were a “Mossad conspiracy”.

Mr Khan said he had come across people who believed Jewish workers in New York had been “tipped off” to stay away from the Twin Towers before the planes hit the buildings.

Speaking at a parliamentary lunch on Thursday, the former Communities Minister said he had “lost count” of the instances when he had to challenge “hideous views”.

He also spoke more broadly about Islamic extremism and the steps he would take to tackle it if elected to City Hall next May.

Mr Khan said: “Extremism isn't a theoretical risk. Most British Muslims have come across someone with extremist views at some point - and so have I. It's affected my personal life, my friendships, and my career. “People I knew as a boy have gone on to hold extremist views, and even to act on them in terrible ways.

When I was a lawyer, as well as representing people who were badly treated by the police or their employers, I sometimes had the unpleasant job of representing people with extremist views.

“It was horrible - but it went with the job. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve had to challenge the hideous views of seemingly intelligent and articulate people.

“People who look and sound like normal Londoners, until they say that 9/11 was a Mossad conspiracy. That the Jewish workers in the twin towers were tipped off and escaped.

Read more.

No comments :

Post a Comment