Thursday, May 7, 2015

UK: Jewish reporter attacked at Galloway rally


Ben Judah attended a George Galloway rally and was attacked by Galloway's activists:  (h/t Avi Mayer)
I walk out and onto the sidewalk, and take a picture of the Respect activists and the seven Asian men milling about outside the Church. They have come to see Galloway: The event is described on social media as a rally for supporters.

A burly Asian man in a black suit and sunglasses rushes up and grabs me round the neck, pinning me to low perimeter wall. “Get out, you fucking Jew,” he shouts. I am being throttled as around ten Asian men surround me. My teeth chatter as a man in a tracksuit punches me in the head.

“Delete, delete,” they shout at me, “delete the photos.”

An older man in a shiny crooner’s suit is shouting. “Let’s call the police. Let’s get him arrested.”

I fumble to delete the pictures and repeat over and over:

“You’re frightening me. Please let me go.”

The older man gestures for me to be released.

I look back at the Respect officials: but they look away.  more

No comments :

Post a Comment