Thursday, September 10, 2015

UK: Galloway says Jews only care about Zionism, not antisemitism


Via Jewish News:
George Galloway says he will refuse to host Israeli counterparts if he is elected as mayor of London, writes Justin Cohen.

The former MP has said he would snub the mayors of cities such as Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, but didn’t believe the capital should be Israel-free, as he had urged for Bradford last summer when he was an MP.

“I would not be able to do that, but the mayoralty could,” he told the Jewish News. “The deputy mayor could.”

(...)

Asked what he would say to those in the community who would be “sickened” by the idea of him at City Hall, he said: “Anybody that’s sickened by the idea of the people of London’s choice has chosen to alienate themselves. So my answer to your question is ‘nothing’. Except I have all my life opposed all racism, including anti-Semitism, which is the most deadly form of racism. I have never – will never – think a thought, say a word or do a thing which can be described as racist or anti-Semitic.

I realise that so pervasive is the Zionist ideology that you and your newspaper represent that that’s actually not all that important to many of your readers. They are more concerned about the defence of the policies of a foreign government. There’s nothing I can do about that. I certainly cannot start apologising or being silent on the policies of a foreign government.”   more


No comments :

Post a Comment