Friday, December 5, 2014

Norway: "When the victims are Israeli, people think they're getting what they deserve"


Suzanne Aabel, a Jewish Norwegian blogger:

"When things happen in Gaza, there's engagements, torch processions and riots on social media.  When the victims are on the Israeli side, it seems people think: they're getting what they deserve".

"The world only Jewish country is being abused by the media.  It's provoking.  It doesn't help that the editors write that they have full control, because they don't. The media stabs Jews in the back."

She also says that being Jewish, she finds that in Norway, it's difficult to be on Israel's side in the debate.

"It's as if people think I have no right to express myself, but I can be neutral even though I'm Jewish.  I'm not so religious."

More: Vårt Land

No comments :

Post a Comment